Monday, 29 September 2008
Sunday, 28 September 2008
I love autumn with all its fantastic colours. An early start on a crisp sunny autumn day to go for a walk around the woods, park and lake is fantastic.
I put together this layout from photos I took last autumn, and am waiting for the leaves to turn - they are starting to - so I can go take more photos. This fits the theme this week for Arty Girlz and Created by Hand. I combined autumn with dragonflies, I stull have dragonflies flying aroundmy garden, enjoying the autumn sun.
Saturday, 27 September 2008
Hope you like it, it was a really interesting theme to work to. Loads of scope for creativity. Enjoy!
Friday, 26 September 2008
The full quote reads: 'If Nothing Ever Changed, There Would Be No Butterflies.'
Thursday, 25 September 2008
For Tag, You're It, I created a tag using muted greens and blues. I used a stamp by Paper Bag Studios on cream then distressed and inked the edges. I added a strip of patterned paper to the green tag and then added the image on top. I finished with a handwritten title, gems butterfly and ribbon.
Wednesday, 24 September 2008
This last layout was created at a class at Scrapbook Sisters. I like it because of the contrast between the bright pink and black, this is a few steps away from my own choice of colour pallette, but the blossom on the branches are set off against the background.
Tuesday, 23 September 2008
Monday, 22 September 2008
Autumn was the theme for Make A Moo this week and these are my creations.
Sunday, 21 September 2008
For this card I used a cute little stamp I have of a cats face. I embossed this with black embossing powder, coloured the eyes green and added glossy accents. I then added whiskers using nylon thread. I cut around the stamp and mounted on black card. Then used rub-ons to add the wording at the bottom. I finished by chalking the edges and addding to a card base.
Saturday, 20 September 2008
Thursday, 18 September 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Right, so now a little bit about me:
1. I have always loved anything creative - working in many media.
2. I am a Visual learner - I learn mainly by seeing (rather than Auditory or Kinesthetic)
3. Teaching is my career - Art and Textiles of course, to some wonderful teenagers!
4. I love cats - am owned by a beautiful all black - Hugo.
5. I aim to visit Egypt, The Great Wall of China, Macchu Piccu, Red Square, and Safari in Africa.
6. I would love to find the time to write a book, pass on my passion for creating.
7. I have a wonderful family, whom I would be lost without.
Now to tag some other fantastic friends and allow you to see their creations:
- Julie & Karen (They come as a team! Scrapbook Sisters)
- Sarah Fishburn
- Morag Cutts
- Jenni Boyns
Have fun passing it on further!
Sally x x x
Wednesday, 17 September 2008
Please scroll through my site to see all that I do, a mixture of many types of art, craft and scrapbooking!! I get excited by all kinds of art and craft including Altered aRt, Scrapbooking, ATC's, Photography, Textiles, Mixed Media........The list could go on!
Tuesday, 16 September 2008
Monday, 15 September 2008
Sunday, 14 September 2008
Saturday, 13 September 2008
Friday, 12 September 2008
This ATC was made by chalking the background with yellow and red,then adding some black streaks across, giving the impression of a light beam. I then stamped the little silhouette figures, these are stamps I have borrowed from a friend, I love them and wish I knew where they came from, as I would love to own them too! I then stamped DIVA and added glossy accents to the dancing figures.