Tuesday 17 March 2009

Exotic Birds....

is the theme for TGIF this week. I have not had the time to hand draw my entry for this! But instead opted for a stamped ATC with some hand colouring to bring a bit of colour and tone to the image. The peacock feathers were stamped onto the ATC and the whole peacock image was stamped onto a separate piece of card, cut out, chalked and applied to the background with foam pads to raise off the surface.

I hope you are all having a good start to the week, my day today has been quite nice, but this is the calm before the storm with three full days of teaching before the weekend descends! Here'shopingwe get the sunshine back by then, the day started off beautifully with sunshine, but turned bitterly cold and I drove home in drizzle and fog!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow Sally this is wonderful.
Very impressive ATC. Love them.

Thanks Sally for your bird to TGiF.

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful.

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

This is beautiful Sally!

Julie

Kathy W said...

like the juxtaposition of this- very cool

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely card Sally, very original! Hope the sun came out for you:)
I am very late joining in the TGIF fun this week

Rosie said...

Gorgeous ATC and I love the deep jade colour you've used.

Char said...

Love your peacock. Fabulous coloring.