Monday 1 June 2009

That Creative Thing.....

It has been a while since I have had the flair or desire to create anything worth blogging about. Thanks to all of you who have queried my absence from here, it has been a rocky couple of months. A friend and colleague went missing and the resulting outcome was not a good one, we lost a good person (even if he could be stubborn and grouchy!) Needless to say, I lost my mojo and all flair to create anything inspiring! As Karyn kindly said - my mojo went to someone else who needed it more at the time (I like to think that we all share our mojo and inspire others to create when they need the encouragement to).

Then exam time hit us at school and I became inundated with sorting out students exam requirements and chasing them for coursework! Will they ever learn that a deadline is a deadline? But the sun is now shining, and things are starting to look good again, and I have started to create for pleasure, and want to do so! So here I share with you two ATC's I created for TMTA this week on the theme of Egypt.

For the left one I stamped hieroglyphics onto greaseproof paper and added a touch of colour, then tore the edges, crumpled it and added some chalk eyes to distress to look like an old parchment. The background is created using acrylic paint and chalk eye around the edge. The parchment was added using glossy accents.

The right ATC was created by stamping King Tutenkahmun once on the ATC and again on a separate piece of paper to use as a mask. The mask was laid over the top of the stamped image and the background colour added up to the edge of it using acrylic paint. Once this was dry the mask was taken away and detail added to the stamped image using blue pen and white and gold metallic inks. Chalk eyes were used to finish the edges.

I hope you like the end results, and thanks again for your messages. I hope you are all well and each have a share of that mojo!

15 comments:

Sue said...

These are lovely, very regal colours x

Char said...

These are fabulous. Love the colors.

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous colours! Beautiful ATC's

Anne (cornucopia) said...

These look great! And thanks for sharing how you created them.

kc_froglady said...

I am glad you are back :) I have missed you! Such wonderful Egyptian images you used too - your talent spans far and wide and it is always a pleasure to see where you muse takes you!

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful work with lovely results!

Nancy B said...

I've missed you too. So sorry for the loss of your friend.
Your ATCs look great. I love the way you did the second one with the mask.

Debbi Baker said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Your ATCs are just gorgeous - so rich and colourful - makes me want to join in again (it has been a while)!

vicky said...

These are amazing Sally, I love all things Egyptian! Glad to see you posting again & that your Mojo is back!! The sun is shining & the garden is accessible again yippee!! xx

Martina said...

Wonderful ATC, Sally!
Great colours.

Unknown said...

I am so soryy to hear about your friend. I missed seeing your work and as usual this is creatively wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Both are great

karen said...

Glad to see that Mojo back again and a smile on your face. Lovely work as usual. Good to see you posting again.

lilipaon said...

very nice and colored

Anonymous said...

there looks great!