Wednesday 1 April 2015

Spring Clean...

As we have officially hit spring, Journal 52 set the prompt of Spring Clean for Week 13. I'll start first with the finished piece:

I have to say I struggled with this one, starting the page several times, then painting over it! I love spring, the burst of colour arriving in the garden, sunshine, lighter evenings and the promise of lots to come. As for spring cleaning - there is always something better to do! I started my page by spraying with distress stains, adding clock stencils and blending colours. But once dry the colours did not work as well as I wanted them to. I'm not really a pink person, but on this occasion I wanted bright spring colours.

 
I re-painted the page with distress paints and acrylics. Once dry I layered Tim Holtz Melange tissue paper and washed over with another layer of paint. I made my spring clean fairy using Prima and IndigoBlu stamps. I then stamped the flowers on the background and added some paint and white pen.





I then remembered a sign my Mum gave me once - I refuse to organise my life... It would interfere with the creative process! So totally me! So I made a version to add on. After a bit of further searching I came across the idea of a REAL To Do list - doing the things that really matter! So I made my own and added this too. Hopefully the layers now work together and give a feel of Spring.




My REAL To Do List:
1. Laugh
2. Read under a tree
3. Love
4. Dance like no-one's watching
5. Walk barefoot in the grass
6. Hug your loved ones
7. Hope
8. Keep on loving
9. Take deep breaths
10. Jump in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your to do list.