Monday 18 November 2013

Mail Art Challenge - Autumn

It really doesn't seem like a month has gone by already since I made my last piece of mail art! But here I find myself posting for the second Mail Art challenge, this time on the theme of Autumn. Head on over to the Mail Art Challenge Blog to see all details and have a go at creating your own unique piece of artwork on an envelope.

My design came to me at the last minute - for autumn I think of the leaves turning and seeing all that lovely gold and orange appearing. So I decided to draw a deer on the front of the envelope and painted it with distress paints and distress ink pens. I then used two leaf punches to cut out shapes in different sizes and coloured them with autumnal shades of distress ink. I layered these around the deer, to make it appear as if he had been glimpsed through the forests.



 

The back of the envelope has tissue tape layered with distress inks, more leaves falling and an autumn fence that is holding all the secrets of the forest behind it....


 
Hope you like it. Have a go and enter your own autumn envelope - after all, the envelope does not have to be a large one! You could win all the lovely pieces of artwork. Happy creating.

No comments: