Saturday 24 January 2015

Conversation Starters

The theme for the third week of Journal 52 appealed to me - Conversation Starters. I knew immediately what I wanted to create art about. I had had a great conversation with my sister about Llama's -don't you just love them?! We think they are great, fantastic expressions and great haircuts! The conversation came about because for her birthday I got my sister a rather unusual gift - Walk a Llama. We are going out (when the weather is slightly warmer than the -3 to 3* that we are getting now!) to have a picnic trek with a llama around the Surrey hills. Sounds fabulous, I can't wait to share the experience. I bought the gift from Surrey Hills Llamas, the options they had available all sounded great - you can even adopt one.

So when it came to creating my journal page for the week, llamas it was. I started by creating a collaged background of torn book pages, the writing being apt for the prompt. Then I coated this with a translucent acrylic paint and sprayed some tattered angels spray on top. I haven't used those in ages, I forgot how good the metallic sparkle is. I then layered some tags made from book pages, torn patterned paper and cardstock. On top I then created three pencil and watercolour illustrations of some great llamas I found images of and then distressed the edges of all pieces, adding distress ink to finish it off. A final spray of some tattered angels, die cut chevrons, hand written text and a couple of green gems to seal the deal. The end result:







I am enjoying this journey with Journal 52, glad I came across the site. It's great fun and full of inspiration from so many other artists. Now to look forward to creating for week 4...

No comments: