Thursday 15 January 2015

Just Be...

Finally got lost in the creative process on an art journal page that I started days ago, didn't like, and totally worked over to end up with a finished piece I like. Week 2 of my Journal 52 journey with a theme of Just Be.

Take it any way you choose, interpret the words and make of them what you will. For me it read Just Be Me. So I started by spreading some of my favourite colours all over the page - turquoise, sea green and purples. I covered them with a crackle glaze and layered with metallic pewter. But did not like the dried result - too shiny and not enough cracks! Inspiration deserted me so I put the book to the bottom of the crafty mess and walked away.

After leaving it alone for a few days I returned and resolved to grunge up the page, as anyone who knows me will tell you, I love to distress and make things appear a little shabby chic and tatty around the edges. So out came the paints, distress inks, stamps, dies, brushes, sponges, stencils and a little bit of finger painting for good measure. Two hours later after a lot of drying with a heat gun I had a distressed, layered grungy page that said 'This is me'.







I am much happier with this weeks page over the first one I created. It helps feeling better I do have to say! Looking forward to the next one now....

2 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

A great page I love all the elements you have added
Jackie

Julie Wilson said...

Loving it Sally xxx