Monday 11 August 2008

That's Torn It....

This layout on the theme of Autumn was a challenge to create a layout by being able to use paper only, by ripping or tearing it by hand - no form of machinery could be used to cut the paper.

To do this I used Marmalade Distress Ink over a piece of orange cardstock to give a textured background. I then mounted my photo on red paper, carefully tearing around the edge, I placed this just off centre and then using cream paper tore three strips and lay them to the right, muting htem by adding dark brown chalk eye around the edge of each strip to bring out the texture in the tear. I then stamped the branches, the owls and the title. To finish I added leaves torn out of white paper.
The stamps I used a a mixture of Basic Grey - Grow Your Own Garden, and Stamps Away owls.
I used a template of a stem of leaves, drew the shape in pencil, tore them out and then added orange chalk to mute them and a chocolate brown pen to add detail of the veins.

No comments: