Sunday, 9 November 2008

Buttons...

Most people I know have inherited, or have in the family, a button box - who doesn't love to rummage around in it? There is something strangely fascinating about rummaging through buttons, and I love to add them to my work! This is my arch, for Gothic Arches, on the theme created by layering two background papers together and placing a photo of my own inherited button collection on top. I manipulated the image in Photoshop to give it a more common colour theme. I then added buttons - some of many I own, and hand written wording. Hope you like it, please leave a comment and let me know what you think.....

11 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

What a cool idea! I love my buttons too. Great arch!

PaperAddictJenn said...

I love the idea behind this project! I have a huge box of buttons that belonged to my mom, grandmother, great grandmother, and other family members. I love just running my fingers through all the buttons! I love that you took a picture of yours.

Willy said...

Beautiful arch!

Christina said...

I like the edited image!

Ginger said...

And i would be one digging about in the button box! Beautiful arch well done!Love your art & blog!

Craftyideas said...

Beautiful arch -great idea I love my button box

Femmy said...

beautiful arch!!!

Virginia said...

Wonderful arch.Beautiful colours..and yes we all like to rummage in the button box..

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is wonderful.
Looks so great.

Kerry D-C said...

Beautiful Arch!

vintage wil said...

beautiful arch !!!